For the removal of sub-gingival calculus and root cleaning. Universal curettes can be used in any area of the mouth with a semicircular tip used at 90° to the root surface of the tooth. Sharpened on both sides of the blades.
Mandibular and maxillary anteriors
Designed to adapt to all teeth surfaces to be treated.
Sharpened on both sides.
Blades/Cutting Edges perpendicular (90°) relative to the shank.
Round back (semi-circular cross section) and round tip/toe for a less traumatic subgingival cleansing.
LANGER 5/6 = GRACEY 5/6: Shank design of the standard Gracey curettes combined with 90° universal blade (rather than 70° offset blade of the Gracey curette): area specific shank and universal curette blade.
Curettes: curettes have a rounded toe, so the position of the Sharpening Stone is adapted around the rounded cross-section.
See more info and details on Sharpening Stone product pages.
Visual inspection of the instrument’s cutting edge:
– if the cutting edge is rounded will reflect the light, then it is blunt.
– if the cutting edge is edged will not reflect the light, then it is sharp.
Testing the instrument’s blade with the plastic Testing Stick:
– if it runs smoothly over the Testing Stick, then it is blunt.
– if it grabs into the Testing Stick and removes small fragments of the plastic, then it is sharp.
- Nom Instrument: Langer 5/6
- Pointe: Émoussée
- Matériel Pointe: Acier Inoxydable
- Manche: Mod. LISSE ø 8mm - Double
- Matériel Manche: Acier Inoxydable