For the removal of supragingival calculus and plaque from teeth. Scalers are used above the gum line, and curettes are used below it. The use of a scaler below the gum line is likely to damage the gingiva (gum).
Designed to adapt to all teeth surfaces to be treated. Sharpened on both sides. Blades/Cutting Edges perpendicular (90°) to the shank. Triangular cross section and pointed tip/toe for an easier removal of heavy supra-gingival calculus.
Osteo Trimmer / Osteocarver
Sickle Scalers: sickle scalers have a pointed tip and, therefore, the blade is held straight on the Sharpening Stone as it nears the tip.
See more info and details on Sharpening Stone product pages.
Visual inspection of the instrument’s cutting edge:
– if the cutting edge is rounded will reflect the light, then it is blunt.
– if the cutting edge is edged will not reflect the light, then it is sharp.
Testing the instrument’s blade with the plastic Testing Stick:
– if it runs smoothly over the Testing Stick, then it is blunt.
– if it grabs into the Testing Stick and removes small fragments of the plastic, then it is sharp.
- Nombre Instrumento: Towner
- Punta: Puntiaguda
- Material Punta: Acero Inoxidable
- Mango: Mod. LISO ø 6mm - Un solo extremo
- Material Mango: Acero Inoxidable